Feb 14, 2008

Another Day, Another Buy...

Well, as luck would have it, I just picked up an HVX200 for Sansom Media the principle editing system "passed out". There is no telling what is wrong with it and I've worked on it for the past few days. As such, I had to go get a new system for editing a lot of work over the next 4 weeks.

With the new computer there will need to be an increase in the hourly editing rate. Reason being, it is about 2.5 times faster than the previous system, so compressing and rendering for DVD (as an example) will happen much more rapidly. So yes, the rates go up a little , but my goal is to also help the client pocket some money as well by spending a little lest time of the projects. I think it is a good fix. Now I just need to try and get the old computer "fixed" so I can pull the projects and media off of it.

I just ran a compression that took the old system about 1 hour to do. The new one did it in about 13 mins. Sweet.

No comments: