Mar 4, 2011

Arnold Classic - Day 1

End of day 1 here at the Arnold Classic and what a time it has been. To my right... "if my look doesn't kill you, just the muscles in my face will."  And to my left... "Look how into you we are.  You should totally drink our muscle milk."  The CrossFit exposition is very different. It's cool stuff.  It all is.


First thought, let me say how in love with the AG-AF100 I am.  With the CrossFit workouts we've been filming I've really leaned heavy on the Nikon 17-35 f2.8 and an Olympus 9-18 f4-5.6.  The Olympus is good, but not real fast and when it comes down to it, I really like the way the Nikon lens looks.  Great image.  Good light and depth of field.  I wish it were as wide as the 9-18 or maybe even a little wider but still probably my favorite so far.

We've also used a GoPro and the Panasonic 20 f1.7 its fast - fast and I really like it.  The nice thing with the native Micro Four-Thirds lenses is they have electronic communication with the camera.  Now I just need them with OIS built in (Image Stabilization).  Tomorrow I'm gonna try and use the Nikon 50 f1.8 and the Nikon 20.2.8 as well as a Nikon 28-200 and a 70-300 — probably on a tripod with those two.

Just offloading the last of the footage here so I don't have to teardown only to set it back up at the hotel to process footy.  A few screen grabs.  More to come.
Mrs Muscles

Mr Ox

Rambo (Asian Version)

Best Chump Shirt

1 comment:

Liz said...

I've been doing a little P90X here in China. When I come home, I'll be looking a little something like those women.