May 20, 2011

My Best Joke Yet... And Probably Ever





Unintentionally, I came up with my best joke to date… Why did Apple Inc.'s name for Final Cut Pro 7 jump to Final Cut Po X (10)? Because 7, 8 9. Yes the punchline isn't original but neither is Jay-Z's song, Young Forever, and it's still good.  If you're still saying I don't get it, I feel sorry for you.

Now that I'm done proving myself… We wrapped a little early today which was not a bad thing at all. Today detoured a little from the purpose of this shoot, film 3 commercials, as we ended up filming some great interviews and other footage. We also filmed a guy named Joe. He uses a multi-million dollar laser to do precision cutting of steel. Cool technology and a super cool dude.  As Tim put it, "he resembles Willie Nelson."

We used two AF100 panasonic cameras on the interviews.  One with a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 and the other, Tim's 50-135mm f/2.8 Pentax. Both work really good in interview situation.  Attached to the two AF100s are SmallHD's DP6 monitors. Tim turned me onto them a while back and it's been one of the best additions to the AF100 kit. I've stuck a few pictures in this post so you can see them in action. …sorta. Tomorrow is a broll day of Columbus and the surrounding countryside. Clouds are finally breaking today after hard rain since Monday. It should be a stellar day for Columbus beauty shots.

No comments: