May 28, 2011

CrossFit Games 2011 - NorthCentral Regionals - Day 1




It has been a long two days here at the CrossFit Games 2011 - NorthCentral Regionals presented by Reebok and Rogue Fitness.  Sorting out a lot of hick ups, missing packages, bad equipment and wrong equipment we've managed to shoot one successful day.  It's been a lot of fun.  We're on hour 22, yesterday was 19 hrs, and we're just wrapping up our edit for the Day 1 highlights.  I'm tired, Kyle is tired and the rest of the unit is sleeping so no everyone is smashed tomorrow.

Two more days of this and I think we're going to be a lot more efficient.  No more fighting with the facilities who wanted $10,000 for a 5MB internet connection over 3 days.  YEAH! $10,000.  Justin and I got them down to $1,000 for 7.5MB speeds.

It's been quite a bit different in the current roll; I'm a…field producer, or something.  I'm supposed to run 3 cameramen, an announcer, an editor and several runners.  Not my usual, one to three man -- I'm shooting and editing.  No one has proposed anarchy yet so I must be doing okay.  My unit is outstanding.  Everyone is gelling very well and we are getting everything we need.  It has been a little behind schedule but we're succeeding nevertheless.  More to come.

No comments: